PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY
Last updated on May, 9th, 2018.
Children Under Age 13. Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly request or collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at Urban Armor Gear, LLC, Attn: Privacy Rights Request, 28202 Cabot Road, Suite 300, Laguna Niguel, California 92677.
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Our site is hosted on secure servers and all transactions are carried out through a secure shopping cart that is PCI-DSS compliant.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site. Moreover, at no time should you use email to transmit your financial information to us as email is not a secure channel.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Information We Collect. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information by which you may be personally identified (“personal information”). We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and, in some cases, automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We may also receive information from third parties, for example, our business partners. For example, when ordering products from our Site, we receive and store certain types of information that may include the following:
- telephone number
- email address
- billing address
- credit card or PayPal account information
- transaction data
- usage data
- marketing and communications data
- IP address/domain name
- personal information you may have volunteered
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by UAG.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We may also employ third-party services that keep track of your browsing activities when you are served content. Your web browser may allow you to employ certain “Do Not Track” functions. We have also provided more information about opting out of some functions below called “Your Choices About Disclosure.”
We use the following data collection and storage methods:
- Cookies/Google Analytics: This cookie allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to page views, source and time spent on Site. The information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning it cannot be tracked by to individuals. This will help protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics, we can see what content is popular on the Site and strive to give you more of the things you enjoy reading and watching.
- Cookies/Google AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions, software downloads, and purchases. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget.
- Cookies/Remarketing with Google Adwords: We use Remarketing with Google Adwords to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the internet. NWPS and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics & Adwords cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick, Criteo, Klaviyo, & Facebook cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to our Site.
- Email Messages to Our Email Accounts– email addresses sent to our email accounts by non-customers are not added/sold/transferred to any mailing list. At our discretion, we may retain a copy of the received message and our outgoing email message for future reference.
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- To advertise our products and offerings to you.
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and marketing operations;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of UAG's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by UAG about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of UAG, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not sell any of our customer’s information to anyone
Your Choices About Disclosure. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over some of your information:
- If you would like to stop receiving promotional offers by email, please email us at email@example.com requesting to be removed from the list.
- To Opt-out for Google Analytics for Display Advertising and Google Display Network. Please visit http://www.google.com/settings/ads – you may also choose to use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on found at: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- To Opt-out of Criteo ads, please visit https://www.criteo.com/privacy/
You may request access to your personal data that we have collected, along with the erasure or correction of such data. If you would like to make such a request or would like to communicate a concern or complaint about our use of your data, please contact us directly at:
URBAN ARMOR GEAR, LLC.
28202 Cabot Road, Ste 300
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
Disclosure in the United States. You acknowledge that UAG is based in and operates its business in the United States. The information that you provide to UAG or its affiliates is being provided to a business in the United States and managed in the United States, even if you are not located in the United States.